We admit it.
We’re totally and completely obsessed with GymShark Athlete Nikki Blackketter.
Since back in the Blonde vs World days, we’ve secretly wanted to be BFF’s with the petite bombshell, watching her throughout the Christian Guzman period, as well as her move to L.A (you go gurl).
AND, that’s without admiring her oh-so fabulous physique, seriously how did you get that booty?!
We partly put it down to Nikki’s pre-workout choice, which surprised us in a big way. Like every office gal on the planet, she shares our love of COFFEE! We just knew that we had something in common.
You’ve probably seen the videos of her kicking ass and taking names in the gym, looking completely amazing and chugging an iced coffee, (usually from Starbucks, but we’re not as loyal as that).
So what’s the deal, what’s in Nikki Blackketter’s Starbucks Drink?
We got you boo boo:
(Here’s what to ask for)
A Tall Iced, Triple Shot, Non-Fat Latte
+ 1 Splenda and One Sweet & Low
And, here’s how to recreate a high protein version at home!
Nikki Blackketter Iced Coffee Recipe
Makes enough for one serving and is only 115 calories, plus has a huge dose (25g) of protein!
- About 2 Cups of Ice
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Cold Brewed Coffee (unsweetened)
- 1 Scoop of Protein Powder (Chocolate or Vanilla)
In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Feel free to throw in a spoon of peanut butter, walden farm’s syrup or a dash of honey for sweetness.
- You can also puree this recipe (with an unfrozen banana), and pour it over ice.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment and add some of your own favorite ingredients (raw cacao, greek yogurt, milled flaxseed for added fibre, coconut milk or flakes, steel cut oatmeal, chia seeds etc.)
- Be sure to use a protein powder that you love, we choose our favourites for girls recently after a long search!
Why Coffee is Better Than a Fancy-Smancy Pre-Workout
The results are in, drink coffee before lifting weights too. That golden liquid that keeps you going throughout the work day is also great for before you hit the gym. The New York Times found in a study that the caffinated drink means you can smash any activity with greater focus and drive.
So why spend your hard earned dollah bills on a pre-workout that basically does the exact same as a cup of java?
We know which we’ll go for!